Hutch07

C-More EA9 8" to Micrologix 1400 ethernet issues

6 posts in this topic

Hello all, I have been trying to get my first C-more application to work and am pulling my hair out. I have an AB micrologix 1400 and am trying to connect it to a C-More EA9 with ethernet. I am using a cable directly from the panel to the plc. I can ping the PLC, and works well with RSlogix via the Ethernet cable. Nothing I do to the EA9 CMORE has worked yet. I have changed the ip settings several times. I can load the program with a USB and I can see it using the CMore software but I cannot transfer. AutomationDirect seems to be out of town this week and I can't get anyone to speak/talk with. There is no section on troubleshooting this as far as I have found. I have set the PC to : IP 10.0.0.65 Mask of 255.255.255.0 I have set the EA9 Panel to : IP 10.0.0.21 Mask of 255.255.255.0 I have set the Micrologix to : IP 10.0.0.10 Mask of 255.255.255.0 Thanks, Hutch07

Technical support will start at 9am Eastern time Monday through Friday and continue to 6pm Eastern time (800) 633-0405. There is a lot of assistance in the C-more Help file for how to set up the communications as well as quite a few white papers located on the Technical Support Website. Edited by rlp122

http://support.automationdirect.com/docs/an-ea-004.pdf Thanks for the link. I am reading this now and will post the resolution.

I can now test the communication from the EA9 panel and get it to pass. I am using the exact settings as yesterday only time has passed. I am now getting PLC-498: Error code 0x100000 returned from PLC on Service. https://www.automationdirect.com/static/manuals/eauserm/appxa.pdf Edited by Hutch07

Finally got it. The PLC-498 was coming from an error on my end. I had a B3 in my tag list that was not in the PLC yet. Which brings me around to my other problem. I exported the tag database from the Micrologix/rs logix 500 into a csv file and the input and outputs would not upload into the cmore tag database. When I opened the csv file in Excel, everything looked fine. All i/o was there. It looks like I can use the inputs/outputs from the user manual so why don't they come in????