mehdi4467

Uploading from B&R 4P3040.01-K15

11 posts in this topic

Dear All I have a Power Panel from B&R : 4P3040.01-K15 So I want upload program from its. in PVI Transfer I write below codes: Connection "/IF=COM1 /BD=57600 /PA=2 /IT=1", "", "WT=30" Upload "4P3040.01-K15", "C:\prg.BR" and when run it with F5 so I get this Error: PVI Error # 4813: Identification error please help me how can I solve this Error. Best Regards Edited by mehdi4467

Hi there, this module does not exist on the PLC. Why do you think this module exists ? I suggest you donwload PLTrend, go to PLC functions and use upload module. There you find the list of modules on the PLC, can select the ones you want to upload and upload it.... BR BB

Hello I am new on B&R I can not find PLC function and so I can not find also upload in ahtomation studio. this menu is in automation studio or in PVI transfer? can you tell me where I can find this menu? I connected to PLC in automation studio and plaese see the project Explorer image. Best regards Edited by mehdi4467

Hi, I was talking about PLTrend (www.pltrend.at), there you can find PLC functions from the left button the 16th button (blue symbol with classes). You find an entry in the menue 'module upload / delete'. It will show you a list of all installed modules. Select the ones you need and press upload. they are stored in C:\PLTrigger\ModulPath In automation studio you can also try to double click the line "4P3040.....", it will open the module list. Change to monitor mode (Ctrl-M) and you should see the list of modules on the system. Never did it, I think you need to select each of them and upload it. I can not test it now. BR BB

Thank you for your help. I go online and open attached window but when I right click on Target I can no see any Upload link. Please check it.

Hi there, I dont have this version of AS available, but I guess you have to click on the '+' symbol in front of the Cyclic# entries of the target. Than you should find a list of available modules. than right click one module, there should be a command 'Online' --> load from target. BR BB

Dear Sir, I checked it and you are right. in online we have 4 option: - Start - Stop - Erase From Traget - Load From Target But only we can choose "Start" and "Erase From Target" so Load From Target and Stop is disabled. and when I click at Start the message appare : Task already Running. I think we can not load program from this modules. what is you oponion? Best Regards

Sparky, You can upload module from target only if you have saved the project on target before. I don't have Automation Studio 3.7 but 3.8 or higher so i don't know if you can do following instructions with AS3.7 1-Saving project on target: Go to configuration view Right click on the CPU-->properties-->Sources Check the case 'save project source on the target' 2-You can transfer the project to the target or create a compact flash 3-Uploading saved project from target File--> Load/open project from target Or In monitoring mode, in the software configuration where you were, right click on the AsProject.br module then click online --> load from target

Hi, you have to see that there are two different things a) upload source from target, see previous posting - and of course this only works if the source is on the target. b) upload the .br module, this is only for backup reason -- for a): after uploading you can modify the source code (I guess all the project needs to be loaded, not single modules without the context of the project). You can do whatever you want, you need the Automation Studio for b): you can only upload the compiled module. you can not change anything on the module. This only makes sense in case you upload all modules for donwloading all in case of a panel damage or alike. I was assuming that we are discussion b). If yes, I dont know why you can not upload it (because you definitely dont need the source code for uploading the .br module)., Anyhow, I can suggest again (and the last time) that you can try PLTrend or try again PVITransfer. Good luck and good bye. BR BB

Dear Sir, PLTrend is only in German Language. Do you have English Language?

Hello, please follow the link in the signature or search the english icon at pltrend.at, there you find an english version. BR BB