bman

CJ1WEIP21 on NJ to Communicate with Fanuc Robot controller

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone had experience communicating with a Fanuc robot controller via EIP? Looking to communicate with the following robot controller. Typically need an EDS file to import to talk to 3rd party devices.Have not found one yet. Looking to communicate with the powermotion i Model A series, A02B-0323-J147 Ethernet I/P boards. Thanks in advance.

Try the attached .eds file. I modified it from a generic Fanuc eds file to work with an NJ last week. I don't know the specific model of the Fanuc robot. Fanuc Robot Omron.zip

I did a system recently with an NJ5 and 6 R-30iA Mate Controllers and used Ethernet/IP for all the communications to the robots. If the EDS PMCR uploaded does not work I have one from Fanuc that I can send you (I don't know how to attach it to this message).

Here you are. Change the file extensions manually (this forum allows only limited type of file attachments). The 1st attached file is the .eds, the 2nd one is .ico (robot icon, if you want to have it in the Network Configurator). The eds works with R-30iA,R-30iB robots on CJ1W-EIP21 on CP1H and CJ controllers, and on the NJ CPU EIP port. Never tried it on CJ1W-EIP21 on NJ, but think it will work. Never tried it with older Fanuc controllers. fanucrobot0202.txt industrial_robot.txt
1 person likes this