Chris Roach

ZR - file registers where are they at?

4 posts in this topic

I have a PLC that was updated from a GX developer program to a new processor (Q06UDEHCPU) and a GX works program. I can't see how to access the r or zr file registers. They do exist, as the PLC program uses them to read and store feed line jobs. If you look at the attached image you will see how in GX developer I can go in and read from the standard ram. Is there the equivalent to this somewhere in GX works 2? If I try to read device memory from the PLC it gives me no access to the file registers. The file registers were accessible at one point. The program and all parameters and memory were uploaded from the old processor opened as "other" project from gx works, changes were made (removed a proface screen and added a GOT) then downloaded to the new PLC. With that project I could go in to device memory and see all of the file registers for some reason now I cannot (probably because the file got uploaded and re-saved by someone). I'd like to be able to upload and download everything in the processor. If I can't do that I'll have to re-write the code to store the jobs in data registers. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Souns like you didn't download the Fileregister file yet. Go to your write to PLC screen and change the target memory to standard RAM. You should now be able to download the fileregister file Edited by Gambit

Thank you, I did not realize the target memory box on the right hand side was a drop down box when clicked. Very sneaky! All is clear now. Thank you again!

Hi Guys. Is there a way I can find out the size of these registers without having the hardware. I want to know how often I should change the CPU battery and that is calculated by the size of file register file in standard RAM.

1.jpg