Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul_M

FX3G Analog input

5 posts in this topic

Gents I realize this is probably a most basic question. I have 2 analog inputs on a FX3G CPU I wish to utilize with 4-20mA inputs, where do I see these values in the PLC? I'm a Siemens/Rockwell bloke normally so Mitsubishi Is entirely new to me. Software being used is GX works 2.

Ok, found the tiny part in the manual D8280 is channel 1, D8281 is channel 2. When M8280 is ON = Current input OFF = Voltage input When M8281 is ON = Current input OFF = Voltage input

You got it. And for the record, the unit you have is an FX3GE. The standard FX3G doesn't have built in analog I/O.

Compared to Siemens and Bradley, Mitsubishi doesn't seem very intuitive. I suppose it's what you get used to.

Yes, it's what you're used to. I've worked in all three of the mentioned brands, so I'm used to the differences. In terms of the analog I/O though, they all work similarly. There's a configuration file, an input file, and (for outputs) an output file. Just the details and location of the files is different. And often it's even different depending on the specific PLC or I/O card within the same brand. Logix5000 versus Logix500 for example.
1 person likes this