Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest frits

Incompatible Pt-hardware

9 posts in this topic

Hello, I have two nt20s touchscreens from omron. The version of this screens differ: NT20S-ST121B and NTS-ST121B-EV3. The first i can program with ntst4.61, the second: when i try to download computer responds: Incompatible hardware. I already changed the eprom (bios?) from both screens: problem seems the version of the eprom Can anyone help?

You must use NT20S Tool Mode. System Menu|Maintenance Mode|Memory Switch|Tool Mode - NT20S (See attachment) Here's a link to the entire NT20S Operation Manual. NT20S Operation Manual Pages_from_v020_e3_2_NT20S_Touchscreen.pdf

Hi jay, i guess the eprom at this time are in the wrong screens (swithed it and never put it back right). On the none working screen (i think it is older) i do not have the option tool-mode (only this option is missing) and the option are in a different order. I think I could have someone copy the good eprom and use it in the bad screen. any other suggestions?

stickers on the eprom working eprom: omron agyod non working eprom: mitsubishi abtod (abtod handwritten)

I don't understand.... What PLC are you trying to work with? Mitsuibishi...Is that the maker of the Eprom? You can assume that agyod is later rev. Put it back in the -EV3 model.

I opened both screens (nt20s) i tried the agyod eprom in both screens and it worked in both screens. i tried the abtod eprom in both screens neither worked (you can use the transmit and maintenance menu but you cannot download anything, see first message) Do you think i can get the abtod eprom to work in the old screen Thanks

The older screen was originally programmed with DOS software known as NTSS. Here's a link: NTSS V2.33 Dos Software What PLC are you going to use the screen with? Is it Mitsuibishi? This Eprom with the handwritten tag may have been made for something other than Omron.

Hi Anthony, I used this old software and did some test. I can send data to the screen when I defined the screen as an nt20m. So far so good. Do you think I can do any harm when I have the "agyod" copied and do an "upgrade" of the old screen. When I check the hardware I do not see any differance, even the size of the memory chips is the same. thanks P.S. I bought the old screen together with an omron cqm1 about 6 years ago. I would like them to work together. I rather use the new software then the old. When I used the old software on win2000 I had twice a time-out on transmitting data. On win95 it worked fine. So also there might be a problem. The new screen I bought about 3 years ago and this worked fine. I am not intended to use the screen with any other plc then the cqm1.

You won't hurt it, but I can't guarantee the results. One of the increased features was brighter backlight. I don't know what hardware changes were added.