Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hboyer90

Not getting an output on 1769-OF8V

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, so I feel like I must be doing something wrong here, well obviously since I cant get it to work. So I have a CompactLogix L36ERM running RSLogix5000, I've got 28 cards in total, all working except for one. My 1769-OF8V Analog Ouptut module. I just want to be able to output a 0-10v signal to a proportional valve module, specifically a Parker PCD00. Anyways, so I am online with the processor, everything is looking good, I/O is responding. I have the specific channel on that output module enabled in the module properties. I have tried changing the data type to every different option, I have raised and lowered the limits. I think I am addressing it correctly. I am just trying to move a value into that channel's data file. It appears to be moving the number in just fine, but when I put a meter on the output for that channel, I get 0V from the output to analog com. There is a little switch inside the module that allows you to use rack power or external 24V, I tried switching it down and using an external 24VDC source, I currently have it switched up to use the rack power. I'm lost. If somebody could please help me out and tell me if there is something obvious that I'm missing or doing wrong/ take me through an easy step by step way of setting this up for basic 0-10v output, that would be great. Sorry for being so new, I have attached a couple screenshots of the logic I'm using and the way I have it configured right now, but I have tried all different configurations. Thanks, Howard

The photos look kind of terrible, I'll attach an Imgur link to them, should be higher resolution. Here's the logic where I move a value into the channel's data file: http://i.imgur.com/byxw5b6.jpg Here's just the current config for the module: http://i.imgur.com/RR0fNBw.jpg Thanks guys! Howard

Is this the only other 1769-OF8V in the system? What wiring did you use on the card? Did you measure the output with the load attached or detached? Is the PLC system configured properly (correct power supply size and placement)?

1. If you connect a voltmeter to one of the OF8V outputs, are you reading any voltage at all? 2. In the Module Properties, left-pane under I/O Configuration, are all of the channels enabled? - I tried a sample program with just this module in the L33ERM rack, and one must enable each channel to be used then select the configuration (i.e., -10 to 10, 0-5, 0-10, etc.) If the module appears to be configured properly, try metering an output and put some logic in to force the output. Try disconnecting your load and metering the output to make sure the load is not sucking down the output voltage. If with an output forced you are not measuring anything, go back and verify you have the module wired properly.

Issue has been solved, it was just a matter of getting the config. set up correctly. Also, I have it set up right now where 1000 = 1V, 2000 = 2V, etc, etc. When I was trying to get this set up I was only putting like 50 into the output data which would be like .005V, so I wasn't even getting a reading. All good now, I wish I knew more about configuring the analog modules. I assume this will come with time/on the job training. ;) Thanks though guys, you have been a really big help, not just with this question but with every question. I feel like I ask a lot of really dumb questions, and I apologize for that, but I really appreciate the support.