Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fixitman

AB 1336

5 posts in this topic

I'm a newbie fixing an AB 1336. We blew the IGBT and need a replacement. I do know that it is a Fuji Electric 6MBI 6x50A and I believe it has a 600V rating. However, the part number on the part is incomplete and I can't get a full part number out of Rockwell. A search of the Fuji site hasn't revealed a part with a matching pinout. Any help regarding the Fuji part no and where to find a used one would be greatly appreciated. The board part number is A74104-251-53. Attached is a picture of the pinout as it is soldered in the board (not a great picture but I'm sure you'll get the idea)

You might be better off just buying a 1336 drive off of Ebay.

I actually met the guy who did the illustrations for the original 1336 maintenance and troubleshooting manuals at a funeral last week in Seattle. It's a small, small world. Is this a 1336 Classic, or a Plus, or a Plus II ? What is the power rating of the drive ? Any idea on the manufacturing date ? That board part number is an internal Rockwell number so it's not going to mean much except to a Rockwell parts guy. If we can narrow it down to the drive number and when it was built, we might be able to identify the 1336-QOUT-xxxx kit number and then get a component ID. Obviously most of these parts aren't manufactured anymore, and IGBTs aren't the sort of thing where you find "new old stock" of just the component.

It must be a small drive as all the ones I have worked on the output transistors were bolted to the circuit board not soldered to it, Alan.

I had an event some years ago when we had ~ (8) 1336 Plus drives all with blown IGBTs. The only thing we could figure was a high ground noise from a storm. Have you contacted A-B to see if they can service this drive or is this an obsolete platform? As far as repairing it yourself, you may have trouble getting the exact parts. Consider searching the net for used replacement drives or upgrade to the latest AC drive platform.