Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
igorlahtin

FX3U-232-BD

5 posts in this topic

Hello, everyone. I have FX3U-32M PLC with expansion board FX3U-232-BD. I successfully can read and write program through programming port (RS-422 mini-din 8pin) at GX Works2. Now I am trying to connect through FX3U-232-BD, but I can’t. I have a task controlling PLC with OPC server. And I must to connect through FX3U-232-BD, because to the programming port connected touch panel. What should I do, to do it correct. At the program I see, that H81 is writing to the D8120 register. Which means that channel 1 settings is: 9600 speed, 8 bit, no parity, 1 stop bit. But I can’t connect with this settings. Cable which I use: PC PLC 1 1 2 3 3 2 4 6 5 5 6 4 7 NC 8 NC 9 NC I am new in this type of PLC, and I need fast solution. So you are my last hope. Sorry for my English.

Hello, now I can connect to the PLC. I write 0 to D8120. But now it's working only in Stop regim.

Hi Igorlathin, Try to move H81 to D8120 by using the trigger M8002 (first scan flag) This refreshes your communication to the port every PLC scan. Remember that only CH1 is available for the internal 232-BD board. |--|M8002|-----[MOV H81 D8120]---| Best regards, Theo V.

Thank you for information. Now I can connect ti the PLC with programming protocol. Can you advise, is there free OPC? I want to connect to FX3U via FX3U-232-BD.

Hi Igorlathin, Good to hear that you have communication up and running now. I'm not sure for freeware OPC servers for a mitsubishi protocol. We did use Kepware in the past to connect A-series PLC from Mitsubishi to Wizcon and Reliance which is SCADA software. However this cost some license fee. Search the web for some solutions, there must be something to find. http://www.kepware.com Keep us posted if you find a good freeware OPC server for MIT PLC's. Best regards, Theo V.