Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Jim

FX-48MR

2 posts in this topic

I have an FX-48MR that I'd like to put a small program into that configure the D8120 word for the baudrate/parity/etc of a 485ADP so that I can write software for the 485ADP. I can communicate to the programming port with, for example, the Kepware OPC server. I can write M8120/D8120, but they don't persist over a plc reset which is supposed to be required to set the params. I managed to upload the exiting program using Medoc (1.64B) - so I figured communication through the prog. port was working. The system was running a program. I pullled the battery before ever trying to download - I thought that might be the problem with persistence of the D8120/M8120 registers. Now I have the flashing "PROG-E" "CPU-E" light. When I try to send a little program using Medoc, it comes back with "Invalid PLC memory. User function PLC ALL Clear". When I do the PLC ALL Clear, the serial monitor lights bllink for a while (30secs) and no error is reported, but attempting to transfer returns the same error. The demo version of FX/WIN, won't communicate at all. I set the PLC type to "FX (FX2/FX2C)" (I tried others). It opens the port, sends a single packet (tracked in ComLite) then pops up an error. I've tried this on numerous computers. The one thing I can't change out is the cable (a B&B 422 converter) but since this works with other packages, I don't particularly think this is the problem. I'm kinda tearing my hair, and like anyone else who works with PLCs, I have little enough left to tear. I just want to set two bits to set the baudrate/parity/etc of the 485ADP and it's become a major frustration. Anyone have any suggestions, ideas, etc. etc. Thanks.

I've has troubles with the meau winders software communicating, but it usually turns out to be the winders serial driver. Try downloading and installing any of the free replacement drivers and see if it works. I've not had troubles with win2000, but a lot with XP. In any case, use the medoc, it's better. As to setting the registers, why not just use the movp instruction on the first line? This is the preferred way, and will ensure the state of the registers on startup. Best, Larry