Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
valsidalv

GX Developer does not detect module serial number

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I am very new to Mitsu PLC but have spent some time with Allen-Bradley and Beckhoff. I received an older Q series PLC at work with a Q02 CPU and a few cards. One card is the mixed input/output QX48Y57. It has been wired up with an input switch and output LED but I am unable to detect any input or force any output using GX Developer v8.102G. Adding to the issue, I cannot even detect a serial number for the card through the Diagnostics > System Monitor dialogue. Attached is a screenshot of the "Product Information List" window. It is able to see the card but no serial. I am wondering if this might contribute to my problem of not being able to toggle any I/O. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I have noticed that this issue continues into the GX Works2 programming software. The serial numbers start with 4 or 5 digits but the rest are all zeros (0). The first four digits are to represent when that module was produced. Though even with the lack of this information I have not run into toggle I/O issues.

If you look at my screenshot you'll see that the QX48Y57 module has no serial at all, just a dash "-". At least the other cards display something, so I'm wondering if that's an issue. Also can someone clarify which outputs I should be firing? Is it simply X0, or is there some identifier that GX Dev uses to find the correct card?

Discrete I/O cards do NOT have serial numbers. And the serial numbers on the intelligent modules are a date code and all zeros. What you are seeing is absolutely correct.