Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shane

NT20s upload

9 posts in this topic

Hello, I have an NT20S-ST121B from omron. I am trying to upload using NTST v3.30 (Win95/98/NT). In transmit mode, when Connect -> Upload -> Application, the touch screen shows: PT -> Tool Evaluation Data 0kb but, computer responds: "Incompatible PT hardware connected" I have made the serial cable as following (from omron serial cables.pdf): NT20S PC side 2 (SD) ------------------- 2 (RD) 3 (RD) ------------------- 3 (SD) 9 (COM) ----------------- 5 (COM) 4 (RTS) ------------------ 8 (CTS) 5 (CTS) ------------------ 7 (RTS) 7 (DSR) ------------------ 4 (DTR) 8 (DTR) ------------------ 6 (DSR) Can anyone help? Am I going the right direction?

I have had this same problem. Here is what I did. Disclaimer: Results have been hit and miss at best. If this procedure does not work try again or try something else… Screen Upload • Open NT DOS 2.33. (It may be necessary to open this program in true dos mode.) • Select the proper screen type, size and configuration. o The NT20S has 128Kb. This screen runs in NT20M but needs this turned off during the upload. Change mode to NT20S. (Select NT20S-ST12*-V1 OMRON Host_Link C200H) • Begin upload, continuously press the ALT key on the keyboard. Once about every 2 seconds seamed to work. Screen Download • Open NT DOS 2.33. (It may be necessary to open this program in true dos mode.) • Select the proper screen type, size and configuration. o The NT20S has 128Kb. This screen runs in NT20M. It is not necessary to change mode to NT20S for the download. (Select NT20M-SMR3*-E OMRON Host_Link C200H) • Begin download, continuously press the ALT key on the keyboard. Once about every 2 seconds seamed to work. Hopefully this works for you. Let us all know. Beryl

Y'all quit beating yourself over the head and get a copy of NTST for Windows. It supports NT20S in the NT20S mode and this headache of hitting the Alt key (actually, any key) will be over with. Beryl, go get a copy from Eric or Matthew over in the chemical group.

Hello, Unfortunately, I am using NTST for windows already (NTST v3.30 for win95/98/NT) and my PC is running winXP. I haven't changed the comms. setting, it is as default: COM1, Baud rate=high There is nothing else to configure except during upload, in which I have chosen NT20S as the PT Model. What is wrong? Do you think I need to get upgrade version of NTST? Btw, where can I get a copy of the DOS version?

Beryl and I think that you have the NT20S in the NT20M mode. You need to change it on the touchscreen system menu to the NT20S mode. This is why the software is saying the hardware is incompatible. When connecting , the NT20S is reporting like an NT20M. If you really want the DOS software, you can find it in the Omron download section here at MrPLC.com NTSS 2.33 @ MrPLC.com

Tested upload today and successful, thanks guys!! I'm just surprised that NTST windows version couldn't do what a DOS version could. I didn't have to punch the keyboard every 2 secs as beryl suggested, everything went smooth. I am modifying some of the screen data and would like to download only certain page screen to the PT (without affecting the original pages on the PT), anything word of precaution?

The NTST version wouldn't work due to the program not being downloaded with the NTST and the decompression doesn't work the same between the two programs. So I've been told. Also the reason I had to press the ALT key, so it seams is that the program I had to upload was very large and the upload seemed to time out. My best guess anyway. On a smaller program I didn't have to press the ALT key either. Glad it worked. Beryl

I have modified the screen data using NTST DOS version, but I can't download to the PT, it gives error message as: "The PT image memory is an EEP-ROM. Can't send screen capacity Hit any key to continue..." What is wrong and what can i do?