Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AJAJ

RS logix 5000 Sequencer/cylinder application problem

8 posts in this topic

Currently we are using Rs logix 5000 and trying to use it to make 6 cylinders retract and advance which is caused by solenoids. - 1756 RIO module connected to: - 1794- Asb flex I/o channel 1 - 1794-OAB flex I/o channel 2 - 1794-OAB flex I/o channel 3 - 1794-IB16 flex I/o channel 4 Currenty when going online there were no errors however, the cylinders connected to the solenoids aren't advancing or retracting.

Currenty when going online there were no errors however, the cylinders connected to the solenoids aren't advancing or retracting.Of course not. The state of your input CylinderIn (= 0) does not match any of the patterns in your SequenceIn array. Presumably, you will need to initialise CylinderOut1 so that the feedback on CylinderIn matches SequenceIn[0].

Junk AB and use OMRON STEP, SNXT sequence instructions. My 2 cents.

I can only use Rs logix 5000 to do this though. cant use any other types of PLC

Surely you must have some idea?? Is the posted program your own work?

yes but everytime i try to reconfigure it to make the cylinders move nothing works like no errors and what not i just don't really comprehend why it doesn't work even though im pretty sure i chose the right addresses for the cylinders.