Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BitsNBytesRookie

Omron CJ1M-CPU13-ETN to .NET Framework

6 posts in this topic

Hello People, In my school we had an assignment to program a Sorting machine using an Omron PLC and CX-Programmer. Now we got the assignment to make an HMI that we can open on our own computer (Windows 8.1) so that we can control various things of our program, such as reading and writing bits, and other data (To the PLC obviously). Now I only have very little experience in reading and writing data from a PLC (Using a PC), I have used the libnodave library to connect to a Siemens S7-300 PLC. With this I managed to read and write bits, and also read and write data to a DataBlock. We wrote this program in Visual Basic 2013 using the .NET Framework with the libnodave library as an added extension. Now I have searched far and wide on the internet but have not come across any good examples of how to do this with an Omron PLC. So I hoped that I could get some advice from you guys. What I'm asking is if anybody here has maybe a link to a guide/ example program/ manual that could get me forward? And if I can easily get this done with Visual Basic, by adding an extension, could anybody tell me which extension this would be? And where I could find it? I appreciate any help. :D Thanks in advance, BitsNBytesRookie

You should download this VB.Net source code and see how it communicates with UDP then do the same in your application. http://forums.mrplc....ds&showfile=992 Also, download the following pdf file for details on FINS command. http://forums.mrplc....ds&showfile=620 These are the only 2 links you need to build a VB .NET application to read/write bits in your PLC.

Thank you for your reply. I Learned some things from the program you gave me, and I'm busy reading the manual. Does anybody have like a more recent application that I can use to understand how to do certain things, such as reading and writing data to the PLC? --Thanks in Advance. Edited by BitsNBytesRookie

The other option is to have DDE or OPC connection to your PLC to read/write data. You can either use CX-Server DDE Manager (search for CDMDDE.exe) or OPC server such as Kepware ((http://www.kepware.com/kepserverex/) to setup the communication and tags. DDE connection software comes with the Omron suite, so there is no cost to you. But, if you prefer OPC connection, then you have to buy or use the trail version. If you search the web, you can find plenty of .NET example source code to implement a DDE or OPC connection.

Thank you very much. I found a teacher that has knowledge of OPC, he will help if I need any help. Thank you very much for your time and knowledge ;)

AdvancedHMI includes communication drivers for the Omron PLCs. It's free and very easy to get started. It's all based on VB.NET