cintuliak

Problem with CX-one instalation

15 posts in this topic

Hi I have problem with the instalation of CX-One over the instalation it stops and give the message: "Error-3: CX-Server Device Driver(Generic FINS Ethernet)failed to install. Try to install it manually from CDROM (Generic FINS Ethernet Device Driver\setup.exe) at the end of instalation." Then if I go to the CDROM and try this instal manually I got the message about the "Unable to locate CX-server" but CX-server I correctly instal from CDROM with sucesfull finish message. And If I try to start CX-Programer I got the message about missing cdmapi32.dll. So what I can do about this :(
1 person likes this

Admitted it sometimes can be a absolute pain in the *** when having CX-One installation problems. Have you tried running the CX-One Remover program included on the CX-One disk in the utility folder?
1 person likes this

PdL now it works !!! thank you for the trick :)

Glad it worked for you! You can always get the latest version of CX-One remover here: http://www.omron-cxone.com/utility/ It's being upated frequently.

Thank you pdl.....   same problem i am attented....

I have a problem to instalation CX-ONE in a virtual machine. I would like to install in VMware player with windows7.

Everything is fine when I put the license, but then stops and doesn't continuous to installation and appears this message:

Installing the USB device driver for OMRON SYSMAC PLC/NS. Please wait.

And I still wait for a lot of hours, and doesn't happen anything.

somebody can help me?

Thank you very much 

You need to install the USB driver in the operating system perhaps? I do not run CX-One in a virtual box but in the OS as it plays nicely and everything shuts down properly when the programs shut down, unlike others.

Didn't have any problems installing it on a Windows XP machine in VirtualBox.  Are you certain VMware Player will allow that?  I think you need VMWare Workstation to make changes like installing drivers.

I recently ran into the same installing CX-One 4.1, on a normal (non virtual) system. I manually installed the USB drivers from the installation disk and following ran CX-One installation again, now it was ok. No idea why it would hang on USB driver installation.

Try searching for dpinst.exe on your CX-One disk, there are separate versions for different O/S but if you'll find the right one.

Step 1:
Open vmware.log file
Step 2:
Search for the Driver name [Omron]
Line Should look Simular to
USB: Found device [name:OMRON-PLC vid:0590 pid:005b path:1/9/1 speed:full family:vendor instanceId:USB\\VID_0590&PID_005B\\5&1E41AFF0&0&2 arbRuntimeKey:2 version:3]
Step 3:
Copy down the vid value and pid Value
(Ex. 0590 and 005b)
Step 4:
Open the vmware.vmx file
Add the following, substituting the numbers found for vid and pid
usb.quirks.device0= "0xvid:0xpid skip-reset, skip-refresh, skip-setconfig"
Will look like:
usb.quirks.device0= "0x0590:0x005b skip-reset, skip-refresh, skip-setconfig"
Step 5: Restart VM

PdL,

it works what you told me, thank you and thanks for the others too to try help me. 

I have problem with CX-Supervisor.

In the program, I have only 50 points for use and is not enough.

How I can change that?

somebody can help me?

Thank you very much

3 hours ago, manualberda@gmail.com said:

I have problem with CX-Supervisor.

In the program, I have only 50 points for use and is not enough.

How I can change that?

somebody can help me?

Thank you very much

Why would you post this here?  There is an entire folder of CX-Supervisor questions....post there in the future.  You will likely need to get a different license that supports more points.

error-3 occured while installing omron version 3.1. please somebody help about of this problem

On 7/29/2017 at 0:14 AM, srinivas PTV said:

error-3 occured while installing omron version 3.1. please somebody help about of this problem

What software?  Version 3.1 doesn't say what you are trying to install.  And more detail about the system would be required before anyone can even guess what your problem is.