Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ct8356

Failed to connect to the PLC (CP1L-M60DT1-D). Why?

5 posts in this topic

I am trying to go online, in CXProgrammer, with a CP1L-M60DT1-D PLC. I am connecting with a USB cable (Standard-A on laptop side, standard-B on the PLC side). In my "Change PLC" dialog: Device type is set to CP1L, CPU type set to M. Network type is set to USB. FINS Destination Address Network set to 0, Node set to 0. I get "Failed to connect to the PLC" when trying to go online. Any ideas why? Thank you. (Note; the PLC connection is showing up in my Device Manager, and the correct driver is installed).

Try Direct Online. Edited by Sergei Troizky

Did you try network 1 node 1? That's where most Omron PLC devices are by default.

USB should not matter as far as network address goes. I not that you have 2 threads going - better to keep to one thread. As Sergei suggetsde have you tried direct/auto online?

I shall try direct/auto online in future. However, in the mean time, I managed to find a work around. I connected to the serial port instead (with a USB-Serial cable), changed the network type to toolbus, changed the COM port to the correct number, and now it works just fine.