Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dmeherg

RSLinx 3.60

4 posts in this topic

I am running RSLinx Classsic Version 3.60 on Windows 7 32 Bit edition. I have 3 networks running on the computer. One being an outside world connection for email and internet and the other two for process controls for the plants that i monitor. Everytime that IT does an upgrade on our computer or phone systems it causes Linx to crash and we have to un-install and re-install it everytime. We get an error saying that rslinx has stopped and is shutting down. Is this something that anyone else has, and if so is there something that can be done to prevent it?

I've had issues with RSLinx 3.6 as well. Upgrade to the latest version and that should solve your problems. ... Hopefully. Edited by MrAutomation

Also, tell IT to leave your computer alone. If you need a separate computer for internet access instead, so be it. It's not worth going through constant crashes and dealing with IT problems just for the convenience of having emails on your PLC workstation.

I have personally arm wrestled with IT many times over their network changes causing the control network to bomb. Question...does your control network need to be connected to the company network? If not, I highly suggest building a separate control network that is isolated from the company network. One of the best ways to accomplish this is to get a managed Ethernet switch that supports Network Address Translation (NAT). Program 1 port of this Ethernet switch to connect to the company network with NAT that conforms to the company network domain. A-B has great tech resource literature for building an isolated control network that can be accessed through the company network but is impervious to the network configuration changes IT likes to push out.