Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wolfgang88

Which PLC, HMI, should i choose?

3 posts in this topic

Hello. my objective is to control a motor to stop in a number of positions and the space between them and turn back to the start position, all parameters defined by the HMI display. should i use an encoder or just the timer of the PLC? Can someone help me? CPM1A ? CPM2A ? CP1E ? NB5Q-TW00B ? Encoder? Best regards.

What type of a motor will you use? Standard 3-phase asynchronous motor, DC motor, servo motor? Will you control it using a relay/contactor or a driver/inverter? In case of positioning, relying on timers is not a good idea, to get any reasonable accuracy you would need an encoder of some kind. To be honest you have not provided any detailed information regarding your application. Tell me what are you trying to achieve, what kind of drives will you use, how complex is the machine, etc. Then we will be able to advise you on the possible solutions.

Hello, Thank you for your response. Standard 3-phase asynchronous motor with no driver using a contactor, with encoder applied in the motor then. I know the accuracy won't be exact but it will do. The machine is not complex, it will do some basic steps on/off between the moves, my concern is to read the encoder and config the hmi screen to input/read values. Best regards