Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_Mike

How to insert strip into E150 display?

13 posts in this topic

How do I get a label strip into the E150 display? It doesn't appear that there is a slot or anywhere for the strip to slide in. Thanks.

There definitely is a slot I have just put strips into 12 E150's. Look on the back of the HMI, you need to have it loose in your hands, not fitted in a panel. Looking from the back the slot is on the left hand side. Finding the slot is the easy part, fitting the strip can be a real pain. I have found the easiest way is to print the strips using E-Designer then cut them out slightly smaller than they should be, then laminate them and cut them out to the correct size. Pull the exisitng plastic strip out of the slot until there is only half an inch remaining in the slot. Then use this as a guide to feed the new strip into the slot adn this will prevent the new strip from creasing as it goes round the tight bend. TIP I have found that if the strip is difficult to insert, remove it and trim it a little to make it slightly narrower, then it usually goes in quite easily. Good Luck

Maybee a bit Of Topic but what did you guys do to supply power to your E150. I have used a few E150ET in the past and they don't come with there power supply. It is recommended that we use a 5 Volts supply but the unit just won't work. I have used a 6.4 Volts supply and reduce the brightness with the adjusting screw in the back of the HMI casing. What was your solutions?

I am using an Omron 5V DC power supply to run other items in the enlosure so I pull 5V off of that. It works perfectly. I had to use a Radio Shack connector to go into the display, and it doesn't fit perfect. Hasn't come out yet, but I'd like a better one. Does Beijer have any or can anybody recommend a specific connector?

I used Mitsubishi's CABDC24-5V, which has the proper connector for the E terminal on one end and bare leads for connection to a 24VDC power supply on the other. I'm sure there are cheaper solutions, but this was the most convenient. They recommend using these cables on all of the E50, E100, E150 units since some particular FX PLCs don't provide a full 5V out the serial port (some are low, like 4.8)... As for the label strips, I use transparency film. I cut it slightly smaller than the recommended (printed) edges of the strip, and take the corners off the leading edge slightly so it's more pointed (but not enough that it shows in the window when fully installed). It's still a pain sometimes, as the transparency wants to curl up instead of slide in neatly.

I am currently fitting E150's to a large number of FX1N-14MR-DS. I am taking the power from the RS232 cable between the HMI and PLC. As part of the same project I fitted an E150 to a Q02 and purchased the appropriate programming lead, CAB17-HMI, thinking that this would power the HMI. Turns out it doesn't so I have fitted an external 5V power supply.

Specificaly the units I'm talking about are E150ET which have an Ethernet port. Maybbe this was the cause for the need of a higher power source... I had to use 6Volts before the unit stop failling.

I havn't come across the E150ET before. I am based in the UK and don't think that model is available over here. I would be interested in any information you have on them.

You will not ear from it. THEY (Mitsubishi) are not at all pleased to sell this. I have known about it and requested a quote. They first told me it did not exist. Then it did. For all I know, this unit was built specially for one big OEM client. Its a nice way to have an Ethernet to a Fx PLC When you get it you have all sorts of problem with patches from Beijer but in the end it works great.

I went to Beijer headquarter long time ago. i confirm they produce a lot of type of terminals, more than you can see on catalogues. Specially dedicated for oem partners and if they found good feeling with a product, they transfer the production for general market. If you need ethernet on terminal, i know there is now the new MacE410 with built-in ethernet port. Bye Max

For this particular project we originally looked at ethernet using an E300 with an ethernet card. Due to cost we decided to use E150s connected to FX1n's on a CC-Link network. If we had been aware of the E150ET we may well could have used that. Never mind thoiugh as we are in the installation phase at the moment and things are going well.

MEAU does sell (and actually has stock) the E150ET. It's an E150 with built in Ethernet. But it is very limited. The dual driver and transparent modes are removed, as are some other features. It was designed specifically for a certain customer, and about all that was left in the unit was the functionality they required. I bought one for my lab when I was new to Mitsubishi thinking this was a nice idea, but found that the limitations made it not do some of the things I had hoped to show. I do not have an exact list of what it does not do, but perhaps I can get a detailed list from MEAU.

If you can easily get some then ok. But don't worry.