Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Carlos Sabas

Help pinout

2 posts in this topic

I need to connect it a processor 5/03 but I do not have pic single I have a card 1748-pcmk anybody have pinout to make the cable Thank`s

Greetings Carlos, are you trying to connect to the top port (3-pin phoenix connector) ... or to the bottom port (9-pin D-shell connector) ... on the front of your processor? ... if it’s the top one, then I’m sorry but what (I think) you're asking for won't work ... the little gray box (called the "electronics pod") on each of the “PCM_” cables has "magic" in it ... one has DH485 stuff ... another one has stuff for DH+ ... there is no simple adapter ... you need to buy the correct cable (about $300 list) if you want your PCMK card to do DH485 ... be sure that you get the right one (series A or series B) to match your PCMK card ... the wrong series cable won't physically fit into the card ... PS ... is there any reason why you're not going in through the DB9 bottom serial port on the SLC-5/03? ... if that's available, all you need is a simple "null modem" cable to connect to the serial port on your programming computer ... the pinout for that one is 2-3; 3-2; and 5-5 ... best regards, Ron