Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ct8356

Download program into PLC from a memory card?

7 posts in this topic

I have read that it is possible, in CXDesigner, to download the program from the computer onto a memory card, and then download from the memory card into the HMI terminal. Is a similar thing possible with CXProgrammer, and PLCs? It would be quite useful, for the purposes of updating the program on a customer PLC that is located overseas, when the customer does not own a laptop with CXProgrammer installed.

On most Omron PLCs it is possible. It is usually performed by turning on a specific DIP switch then cycling the power. Search your PLC manual for Memory Card operations or post back with a PLC part number.
1 person likes this

Thank you Mr Rack. My PLC part number is CPM1A-30CDT1-D-V1 NL.

I have done it with CJ1, but only to download program without symbols, comments etc., although as I understand from manuals, it should be possible to download it. In CX-Programmer you select download to file, and you name a file REPLACE.OBJ. Copy this file to CF Card, put it to CJ1 CF Card slot, turn on DIP switch 2 to ON, switch power supply off the on, and the program should be loaded. I am afraid it is not possible on CPM1A models, since they do not have CF Card slots.
1 person likes this

Follow this guide for CJ1/CJ2 CF card backup/restore... Mind this is not an official Omron document, I put it together to send to customers. PLC Compact flash backup&restore guide.pdf

1 person likes this

On 3/20/2015 at 3:14 AM, PdL said:

Follow this guide for CJ1/CJ2 CF card backup/restore... Mind this is not an official Omron document, I put it together to send to customers. PLC Compact flash backup&restore guide.pdf

What guide?  Where is the link to this doc?