Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nysparky

Micro 1100 to a stepper

9 posts in this topic

Hello I was searching the internet and I came up with this forum. Im excited to be part of it as a newbe I have a question on a micro 1100 with pto outputs to a stepper drive. The drive I'm using is anaheimautomation MBC25081TB - Stepper Drivers with DC Input. I was told that the sourcing output of the 1100 would work fine with the clock input on the drive. this is how I wired the drive and this is how the drive looks. Im not even sure what Im doing I have the plc set up and see it pulsing but for the life of me I can't get the drive to move. Can you please tell me the errors of my ways. Im very new to this and its killing me trying to get this running.

Two things come to mind looking at your setup. First, the ON/OFF input on the stepper looks like it needs to be open for the stepper to be on, which is counter-intuitive, though I've seen that type of thing before. Second, do you have the 0V side of your DC power supply connected to the GND pin of the stepper? Without that the stepper won't have a reference to compare the input voltage level against.

Ross, Thank you for taking the time to respond. I used the same 0v to both ground on the stepper and -24v on the plc with still have no luck. Is that what you are asking or am I mistaken ? I also kept asking anaheimautomation if the 0v reference is internal to the Pulse. They take way to long to get back to me. When I was getting ready to buy I got responses fast. When the drives won't run its been 3 days and no response so far. I really want to have a good relationship with them it just seems they don't have the time to help me.

That's what I meant. Sounds like the wiring is ok.You say you can see the output pulsing. Is that in RS Logix, or with a meter or osilloscope across the actual output? Also, do you have anything wired to the ON/OFF input of the stepper?

I see it pulsing on the front panel of the 1100 and in RS logics. I also tried to wire to the on/off and it just makes the stepper hold position tight. One part of the scenario I forgot is I get 24v out of the AB Pulse. The drive takes a 5v or 24v source pulse according to anaheimautomation. I have a feeling that I was misinformed. Edited by nysparky

The manual says the pulse accepts 24V or TTL (5V), so no worries there. Do you have the jumper JP1 in the correct position? Also, is the stepper doing nothing when you send a pulse train, or is it quivering? Depending on the micro-steps, maybe it's moving, but needs 10 or 100 times the command pulses to move the amount you want? Other than that it sounds/looks like you have everything right. Double and triple check that your wiring matches the drawings, pull out a multimeter and check the actual output of the PLC, and wait for a call-back from the stepper manufacturer.
1 person likes this

Thank you I will be back to tell you where this went. Im not sure if the jumper is correct Ill have to get deeper into it.

JRoss ....A big thank you it works !!!! It was a jumper inside on the board.

glad I could help
1 person likes this