nambi.siva

"RSLinx Enterprise" Computer X does not exist in the FactoryTalk Directory

5 posts in this topic

Hi Friends, In my laptop i am using the Factory talk ME software.Recently I have the following problem when I open the HMI project in the FT view ME.I am not able to configure the Communication Setup for the HMI project. I have tried by uninstalling and installing the FT View.but the problm still exists. "RSLinx Enterprise" Computer X does not exist in the FactoryTalk Directory.Contact your Administrator for more information. (X = the name of my laptop) Please help me as I may travel next week for a commissioning. Regards, Siva

I did a quick search of the AB Knowledgebase for your error message ... take a look at articles 116551 and 42320 ...

Run the factory talk directory wizard. It's in the start menu if you look for it. Make sure you run it for both the local and network options. Did you rename your computer recently?

My RSView software began doing this after I gave a copy to a contractor so he could make modifications.  When he returned it, it did this.  Other RSVIew projects worked fine, but the one he changed gave me the computer does not exist error.   I called RS Help and they had me go into Windows Explorer,  access users/public/public documents/RSView Enterprize/ME/HMI Projects,  open my project to see all the folders and files, and delete the private directory folder.   Then upon re-opening the project in RSView,  I had to go in and re-link to files and folders in communications setup inside the project.

This happen if you rename your laptop, the FT directory save your laptop name during FT directory installation. follow what Mr. Automation had suggested to resolve your issue.

Edited by Gnex