Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcoghi

Problems to Restore FactoryTalk SE 5.0

4 posts in this topic

Hi, i tried everything i know and what i saw in all forums possible, and i can't resolve that problem. So i came here hoping have anyone can make this "miracle" rsrs This is the problem... Have one application operating with FactoryTalk SE 5.00.00 (CPR 9) in plant made by other enterprise and we will insert a new area on system. So we backup the application coppying this 3 itens: - The file: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\ApplicationData\Rockwell\RNAServer\Global\Application.RNAD - And the folders: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\ApplicationData\Rockwell\RNAServer\Global\RnaStore\Application C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RSView Enterprise\SE\HMI Projects\Application After i create a VM with Windows XP Professional and same name of existent server, install FactoryTalk SE and replace the file and folders in respectives locals. So i open FT and all most of things restored, but the graphics didn't. I tried add them manually, It appears that is loading, but in the end, no screen was added. Sorry for my english errors... I hope someone can help me.

Go back and use the Application Manager utility to back up the application. There is no reason to attempt to use any other method.

Don't have the option Back up in Application Manager for Network system.

Of course, thank you. I specifically run only Virtual Machines to avoid this sort of system duplication and backup problem. It sounds like you have followed the instructions in RA Knowledgebase article 43543: https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43543 Did you also use the utility noted in Note 3 of that Knowledgebase article, the Backup and Restore Utility ? https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30310