Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asela115

SCADA solution for power distribution sector

5 posts in this topic

Hi, there are many SCADA solutions available, however I would like to know if there are special SCADA solutions specially designed for Power Distribution sector. most of the available SCADA solutions are general purpose aiming on plant/floor automation etc. Special features looking in power distribution sector can be such as load flow analysis base on real time data, fault locating, dynamic mapping based on the information received from field devices etc. further, we encounter difficulties when adopting general purpose SCADA system with power sector. here we have to represent power distribution network with available tools. however this is very challenging and difficult to represent a large distribution network using conventional tools available with most SCADA solutions and to represent their dynamic behavior (like real-time voltage drop, conductor loading etc.). Any thoughts on this

Have you looked at Ignition by Inductive Automation? It's a "general purpose" SCADA, as you mention, but it's a new take on SCADA systems and is very powerful and flexible. It just might suit your needs. Another option is a purpose built SCADA such as Schneider's PowerSCADA Expert. Here's a nice brochure. I can't say anything about this product, but it does seem to target to needs you mention. Best of luck!

While i'm trying to contact with Ignition team just out of curiosity asking, why are you guys thinking Ignition is different to other general purpose scada systems

I know Adroit has done multiple projects for Power systems. attached are a few You should contact them. www.adroit.co.za industry_reference_-_power.pdf

Have you taken a look at ICScada? It is still a general purpose HMI but i have used it for numerous industrial and personal projects. easily modify it to work the way you'd like. Simple template editor and very easy to use understand and develop in...