Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CanaanP

Persistent array values in AOI?

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I would like to store an array of real values as a local tag inside an add on instruction in an RSLogix 5000 project. My problem is that I am working with pre-existing values for the array and I need to keep that information. I want to use a local tag so that the values remain hidden. I am performing a lookup in the AOI logic, and just need to pass the result out to the output value of the AOI. To get the values into my array, I added a parameter tag with usage set to In/Out so that I could access my controller scoped array that already had the values. I then performed a copy inside the AOI to populate the array in the local tags. I then removed the external reference to the controller scoped tag and exported the AOI to a new, clean project. The internal array was all 0's as I had feared. So my question to the forum is... is there a way to store values in an array and have that array maintain the values from project to project as the AOI is exported/imported, etc.? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out.

When you export an AOI you export its definition, not the status of one instance as you had. In the Parameter and Local Tags view, with the tab set to 'Monitor Tags', expand the array and enter the 'Default' values for the members of the array. Then export the AOI. View as an XML to see the data. Edited by b_carlton
1 person likes this

Thanks b_carlton, I didn't realize that was possible. Now I have a ton of values to re-enter!