Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slcman

S7-1200 PID compact min process value

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I use PID_Compact instruction to control a MM440 drive speed. I would like to set a min output value of this instruction as I can do with S7-300 serie. Please don't tell me I can use min drive speed...I know that! I want to have a min speed set in pid instruction. Pid config screen seems the place to do that but when I enter a value greater than 0 in Advanced settings -> Output value limits, I got a red X and portal says Enter a value between -100.0 and 0.0 I can't beleive we can't do that simple thing! Any idea? The only workaround I've found is to write my min speed to my output tag if it is less than min speed. It works but PID take a long time to react when it increase the speed from 0. i.e. output tag is set at 50%(min speed) nothing is changed while pid increase speed from 0 to 50%.

I just created a project with a 1215C processor and a PID_Compact block. I put in 10% as the output low limit, and got a red X, but it was for the "Reaction to error - Substitute output value". I had to change that to 10% as well, so that it was in within the output limits, then I got green checks all round. Edited by JRoss

first thanks for answer. Could you please tell me where you enter "Reaction to error - Substitute output value". regards

Here's what I'm seeing in my test project. This is in TIA Portal v13. The fields below the Output value low limit.

Thanks Ross I really appreciate your help. I didn't see Substitute output value field because my plc firmware is v3.0 and that firmware cannot use PID v2. I'll upgrade firmware and try with PID v2. regards