Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Ramanakumar

GE TO AB PROGRAM CONVERSION

2 posts in this topic

I am currently converting a program that was originally written using GE LM 90 to AB RS Logix5000. If anyone has done this before pls send me suggestions/tips. Thanks, Ramanakumar SV svr_kumar@yahoo.com

I have, and it is pretty much a re-write from scratch. I would starting by exporting of your variable declarations from the GE (CSV format) and the using Excel make a RSlogix type CSV to import. If it's a LM90 program some variable decs may be defined locally in the blocks, and GE have a utility to extract them all at once on there site if there are a lot of them. It may also help to make arrays like the data types in the GE. ie. A Bool array call M, an INT array called R etc. and then make all your ControlLogix tags an Alias to these arrays. This way you would have can easily see what the old address was in the RSlogix program and it makes checking between the twoeasier. The Alias could be removed when you are happy with the program, or not. Remember some things are much easier in the AB, like you may have an ADD, going into an SUB, going into a MUL. In the AB you would just use one CMP with the expression (A+B-C)/D.