Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ritzspeed

Testing Logic RSLogix 5000

8 posts in this topic

Hello!! I am a beginner in PLC and Automation. I have built a ladder logic program in RSLogix 5000, the controller I selected is 1756 L62 ControlLogix 5562. I want to test my logic. I have installed RSLinx Classic Lite already. Can I use RSLogix Emulate 500 (free downloadable from Rockwell Automations) for testing my ladder logic?

I'm afraid not, the RSLogix Emulate 500 is for RSlogix500. You require Emulate 5000 for Rslogix5000, unfortunately as far as i'm aware is not available as a free download, you have to pay (megabucks). Steve

Thanks for your reply Steve. If only there was any trial version of Emulate 5000, could have done my job. anyways , thanks again.

I want to test my logic I developed in RSLogix 5000, I cannot buy RSLogix 5000 Emulate. My rogram has a number of analog as well as digital inputs and outputs with timers, counters, move, compare and PID instructions. I dont know what to do. Please someone help me with some kind of softwae which can simulate or emulate RSLogix 5000 program. Thanks :(

There isn't one besides Emulate 5000. And you should consider the forum when posting. You put this in General when there is a forum specifically for Allen Bradley questions.

I am a newbie. I am sorry that I posted an Allen Bradley topic in General section, but I didnt expect such a response from oldies with any newbie. Thanks anyways. :)

One can be a little humble while telling this to anyone. Oops I just checked your profile to find out you are 43 years old. A great level of maturity for this age. :) Edited by ritzspeed

Excuse me, but you clearly need to wise up. I was simply providing feedback to a new user on how to best use the system. If you put posts in the right places, you will get more responses as most people who can assist with AB questions look at the AB forums. Not everyone reads the general forum. I was trying to help you, but you clearly missed that. If you can't handle a suggestion and take offense to it, then the Internet is not the place for you. And my age has nothing to do with it, though you are wrong about it too... Do you really put your true information on websites? That's how identity theft occurs. But since you bothered to look, I guess I'll go remove it. Keep you guessing. If you review my history, you will see I help hundreds of posters on this website. It's not about being humble, I was being helpful. If you can't see that, so be it. I don't care.