Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hboyer90

Question about PanelBuilder32 .PVA vs .PBA

3 posts in this topic

I am creating a project for a PanelView 600, I'm using PanelBuilder32. I'm curious if someone can explain the difference between the .PVA and .PBA options when saving the project. Which file type should I save my project when I download it to the PanelView. Thank you.

PVA is the runtime file for your PanelView panel, PBA the PanelBuilder32 application file.

Yup; Panel View Application vs. PanelBuilder Application files. PanelBuilder32 was particularly good at being able to take a Runtime file and rebuild a Project file out of the contents, but especially with large projects on early (PV550 Series A) terminals it could optionally leave out some of the Project data and you could have a PVA that couldn't be rebuilt into a PBA. There was also an OEM feature that allowed you to intentionally strip out the Project data from a PVA, making it a terminal-only runtime file. Runtime/Project reverse conversion was a feature everybody expected PanelView Plus to have as well, and it was a rude awakening for many folks who discovered their Runtimes weren't reversible into Projects. RA added the feature (much) later.