Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve Cheung

Integrate SCADA software to Edward Smoke detector Module SIGA-CT1

10 posts in this topic

Hi All, Good day, Anyone have ever link the Edward Fire Alarm Smoke detector module SIGA-CT1 to Any SCADA Software? Seem It use RS485 link, what the protocol is? Thanks in advance... Best regards, Steve

Hello, Normally for fire panels the I/O bus protocol is proprietary and/or uses Manchester encoding because the bus is operated at a very low data rate. Any device can twiddle a bit and flag a problem. Sometimes the manufacture will publish the protocol. My2c.

Many fire systems have a Modbus RTU interface - you need to check with the manufacturer.

Amazing what Google brings up - http://www.pyramidtech.net/Intelligent%20Input-Output%20Devices/85001-0241%20--%20Input%20Modules.pdf - says The Signature Series modules are compatible only with GE Security’s Signature Loop Controller

Hello, >..GE Security... Right. I think he was wanting to interface with the I/O module directly. That is what I read in the first message.

That is why I made the point 'The Signature Series modules are compatible only with GE Security’s Signature Loop Controller' - it is not possible.

Hello, I do not read it that way. I read it as the modules are only "compatible" with their "Signature Loop Controller", not their "XYZ controller". Who knows if they produce modules for others with no name or a private label. Many "Fire Panel" manufactures sell their I/O to others. Not too many years ago one fire panel manufacture was the source of I/O for several brands. These other companies made the fire panel and had their own software. All the I/O was identical with no labels. The company that made the I/O even would sell a development box to help create the panel software. The money was/is in the I/O. My2c.

Hi Expert, Thank you for your advices. Yes, I need to connect to the module direectly or the smoke/heat detector directly to HMI. Anyone can suggest a gateway hardware or anything? Is it possible? Have a nice day for you all. Best regards Steve

Google - you will have to know the protocol used by the device. Try Anybus in Google.