Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ruebenn

Siemens PLC

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys , Greetings to all and a Merry Christmas to the moderators of this forum, I am relatively new to the S7 plc programming but i had some basic troubleshooting and very basic programming while i was a technician over at a MNC running some moulding machines. I wish to rekindle my interest on S7. I wish to simulate the outputs using a simulator so that i can test my ladder programs without the need of a plc controller. I have managed to obtain a S7 software and i have installed it in my laptop running windows xp sp3. The software that i have installed is a S7 V5.4 SP3, no issues in the installation here. And i have also installed a S7PLC Sim Version 5.4. I hope anyone here can guide me on how to test a simple ladder prgrm and see the simulated results. How do i configure my laptop and how to set pg/pc interface and so on? I did try something on my own but when i try to add the plcsim v5.x into the list of modules installed i get an error stating " S7einstx.dll module can't be started. I humbly request that someone here can point me to the right direction or so? Thank you and have a nice day. Rgds Ruben
1 person likes this

Hello Ruben, Good day to you. when you simulate your program using S7PLC Sim Version 5.4, there is no need to configure your PG/PC interface. just try to follow this link: http://w3.siemens.com/mcms/sce/en/advanced_training/training_material/classic-modules/tabcardpages/Documents/basics-programming/a06_plcsim.pdf hope this could help...