Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mortonkr

Master Position Filter Bandwidth on Kinetix 6k Servo

3 posts in this topic

I have an application using Kinetix 6500 servos and Compactlogix PLC. The app requires a change to the MasterPositionFilterBandwidth(MPFB) at particular times during gearing motion depending on the circumstances. This value can be changed instantly using an SSV instruction but I have found the new MPFB value does not take effect until the Axis is stopped or turned off. Once either of these has occurred, the new MPFB value becomes active on the next gearing motion instruction. Can anyone help me with how I can make this MPFB value take effect immediately?

This is typical of system-level motion value changes in that the end result (servo controller) must be disabled then re-enabled. I am not aware of if these changes can happen "on the fly" (i.e, immediately). Is it not possible to latch MSF (motion servo off) then trigger a MSO (motion servo on) when the change is needed?

Thanks Sparky. The app requires the filter or something like it to be changed on the fly! Someone has suggested altering system bandwidth which I am looking into.