Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bjcox

CX-Server to pull multiple elements from Omron PLC into excel

2 posts in this topic

I'm trying to use CX-Server to pull data from my Omron CJ2H PLC directly into Excel. I'm able to pull a single element into excel, but when I try to pull more than one element, I get a huge strand of numbers. Is there a way that I can set up a single point in DDE Manager that'll hold all the elements that I need, then in excel have a formula that will pull out specific memory elements. Specifically I'm trying to pull data from D7200-D7399, and put each element into a separate cell it in a chart that ranges from B3-K22 This is what the formula looks like when I copy a point into excel =CDMDDE|'C:\Users\... ....cdm'!'\New Point 1' I didnt know if I could put something at the end of each string to call out specific elements, but I keep getting "#BadPoint" =CDMDDE|'C:\Users\... ....cdm'!'\New Point 1'!'D7200' =CDMDDE|'C:\Users\... ....cdm'!'\New Point 1'!'D7201' ... =CDMDDE|'C:\Users\... ....cdm'!'\New Point 1'!'D7399' Any help would be great

In order to separate the information, you could switch to VBA and use code to look for spaces between each number and write each one separately into a list.