Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ron_S

Chinese SC09 copy

35 posts in this topic

The trouble is the drivers and little disks are in Chinese. I think I had to copy and paste the folder names into Google translate until I found a folder called 'yellow cable driver's. Then I could point the installer at the right place.

I did get a message saying that I have the most up to date and correct driver. there is a "yellow cable version 2" driver which I had to move to desktop and then download. this still did not work. I have bought a serial converter (rs232 - usb) from ebay, then I have to get the rs232 female socket and attach it to a mini 8 pin din plug. I hope that works is there a thread that tells what cable people are using, cost, where they bought it. a review thread. that would be good and helpful. ill start. I got a cable from ebay for £10.91 free postage. fast delivery, yellow "version 2" cable. mini 8 pin din one end, usb the other with a yellow box in the middle. two leds, one for tx and the other for rx. came with mini cd loaded with drivers that don't seem to help. I tried a number of things but no luck. this is the first cable I tried. I took the plc to college and tried it there with there Mitsubishi thing. the plc work first time no fuss. college uses a cheap usb to rs 232 serial converter connected to a Mitsubishi grey box with a green led. then a 485 cable (I think) to the 422 plug. apparently very expensive that Mitsubishi box.

I have a Tripp Lite Keyspan USA-19HS for my USB to serial converter, and an after market SC-09 like this one. I generally try to get plain serial cables to use with my generic USB to serial converter. I prefer this setup for several reasons: 1.) Only one set of USB drivers to deal with. 2.) Only one converter banging around in my programming kit (those converters take up space!) 3.) Plain serial cables are usually cheaper. Your mileage may vary. I deal with a lot of plants with different ages and brands of technology, so I have to keep a lot of different programming cables on hand. So keeping the volume and headache low is a must.

The one I bought - no serial adapter needed. Just USB. The drivers installed and it worked without a probllem http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-PLC-Programming-Cable-for-Mitsubishi-USB-SC09-FX-Win7-vista-xp-UK-STOCK-/111453531515?pt=UK_BOI_Industrial_Automation_Control_ET&hash=item19f325ed7b

ron s that's the exact same thing I have. please please please could you tell me your setup. I have three drivers that download from that cable serenum.sys ch341 SER or something ch341 dll or dpp or something and it doesn't work! that's the same seller I bought from exactly the same cable. I don't know what im doing wrong I bought a cheap serial 232 to usb converter, an rs232 plug and socket cable and I have to buy the mini 8 pin din plug to put on the rs232 socket to make my own cable. the serial adapter I plugged in came with the same three drivers mentioned above. HEADACHE!!!! thanks for your adding information about the cables!! all the best simon

The FX-series uses RS422, so you will need an RS232 to RS422 converter in the cable if you make it yourself. Cheaper and easier to just buy the cable I linked to.

hello I tried making my own cable from parts and using a diagram I found online. on this site. "simple programming cable for Mitsubishi FX" is the thread name. the first diagram on there, the black one. that's the connections I used. no luck what so ever. I don't know what is going on here. does anyone know the name of the drivers required, it would be a great help if any one would share that information. I would have thought that there was one driver in particular. any help would be great thanks simon

As was said a couple times, the driver depends on the chip used, and that depends on the manufacturer of the cable. There are hundreds of clones out there, and they do not all use the same chips. The amount of time you have wasted on this already sounds like the price for the real cable would have been a real bargain. That's why I never understand people's desire to build these. My lost time is worth more than the price of the cable.
2 people like this

Well, here's an irony. Today after many months of working perfectly - the yellow USB SC09 stopped working. It would recognise the plc it was connected to using 'connection test' but would not upload or download. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and windows told me all was fine with the cable but it still wouldn't work. Finally I reinstalled GX developer (including melsoft environment) and it worked again. GX was working perfectly before I reinstalled it (well at least programming wise) but wouldn't upload/download. Just a tip for anyone following this thread.

ive bought an ebay Chinese SC-09 cable in the past and it worked fine apart from 1 PLC we have on our site. it would monitor, but if I ever tried to write anything or verify, it would fail. tried a genuine lead and it works perfectly. the original lead I got failed after 2 days so I was sent a replacement for free. the copy SC-09 had no other issues on any other PLCs on our site which was very strange. I just get genuine cables now. they fail from time to time depending on use, but save a lot of hassle in the long run.