Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slickasice1114

System Time

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I tried to search for this and could not find it. Is there a way to pull system time into the program? My customer wants to do a process verification at 7am 3pm and 11pm. I am new to Mitsubishi world and can not find the instruction, if in fact, it exists. Any help would be great! I'm using GX Works2 Thanks

Depends on the PLC model, not the programming software. The real time clock (RTC) information is stored in special data registers on the PLC, and are read and written slightly differently depending on the PLC you're using. What is the model?

For FX system D8013 = Seconds (0-59) D8014 = Minutes (0-59) D8015 = Hours (0-23) D8016 = Day (1-31) D8017 = Month (1-12) D8018 = Year (0-99) D8019 = Weekday (0-6) For Q system SD210 = Year, Month (bit 0-7 = Month, bit 8-15 = Year), 16#9307 = July 1993. SD211 = Day, Hour (bit 0-7 = Hour, bit 8-15 = Day) 16#3110 = Day 31, 10 a clock. SD212 = Minute, Seconds (bit 0-7 = Seconds, bit 8-15 = Minutes) 16#3548 = 35 Min. 48 Seconds.
1 person likes this

In GX Works2 and writing in structured ladder you can also use the DATERD instruction and use a 7 word array as the destination as it splits it up nicely for you.

The DATERD and DATEWR instructions are part of the QPLC instruction set, so are only applicable to that series. Also, you can use them simple ladder mode as well.

For FX series, TRD function can be used. It is similar to DATERD function of the Q series.