Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
notricks

Incremental encoder & CPM1A

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, i am making some tests with a cpm1a and an incremental encoder (E6B2 500P/r) i've configured the cpm1a do use the high speed counter in Incrementing mode, so i'm using just the A phase on input 000.00. The manual says that on incremental mode the máx count frequency is 5.0 kHz. So.. if my encoder gives me 500 pulses per revolution, i should be able to count 10 complete revolutions in a second? I tryed something like this: ----||(0.0)-----------@inc dm200 ...but it just worked with very very very low speed on the encoder... so, i guess i'm a bit confused with this high speed counter. Thanks in advance Edited by notricks

The output of the high speed counter does not enable the input to count in ladder. It drives an internal high speed counter that is incremented outside of scan. The count will appear in words 248 and 249. Be sure you enable the high speed counter by setting DM 6642 with the correct values for the style of counting that you need to accomplish. CPM1A_High_Speed_Counter_Setup.pdf

High-speed Counter CPM1A PLCs have a high-speed counter that can be used in incremental mode or up/down mode. The high-speed counter can be combined with input interrupts to perform target value control or zone comparison control that isn’t affected by the PLC’s cycle time. you have to use the input interrupts in order to do this, with the normal way your program is probably slowing it down the most. Peace