Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobB

Emails from a PLC

7 posts in this topic

Is it possible to send emails from the Ethernet port on either of these PLCs? It is a simple job apart from this - lights, push buttons, starters, relays and thge like. I do not want to spend big $$$ on a simple job that will not require a larger PLC. Edited by BobB

Bob: you might look into one of the small Weintek (Maple Systems here) touchscreens. They are relatively inexpensive and have an email capability built in that you can trigger by setting bits in the PLC. The 4.3" version is about $300 US.

Not an option I am afraid - silly Pommy consultant - he wants all hard wired and would never get a screen in the job - have enough trouble getting him to accept a PLC.

i believe that the smtp protocol, email, is only supported by the dedicated ethernet cards. BTW you never mentioned the PLC models...

Yeah - have checked and I need an ETN card - EIP card will not work either - PITA!

Be aware that the ETN21 module does not support many of the encryption methods that are commonly required by email servers today. Verify what you need to have prior to purchasing the ETN module.
1 person likes this

And the ETN21 is not compatible with the NJ processors. Not that I expect this is an NJ, but just for reference...