Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rlp122

Could not initialize CX-Programmer

9 posts in this topic

I recently installed CX-Programmer on my laptop. I am running Windows XP Pro with NTFS file system. When I try to run CX-Programmer I get the message "Could not initialize CX-Programmer: Check Installation". I have reinstalled, rebooted, and tried several different things. So far, no joy. I don't have a PLC connected just yet, but I wouldn't think that would matter. Hopefully I am just doing something stupid.

try and look in your install log, how far does the installation get, and what is the exact error with error code....

Did you install CX Server with the original installation? What version of CX P are you trying to install?

Yes, original install CD. Version 1.1. The installation completes, I just can't get it to start after installation.

I will try and check into it but you may have to upgrade your CX or downgrade your OS...

Wow! That's pretty old. Omron just released V5.01 last week.

Darn, and i only have ver 5.0.... Version 1.1....... i shrudder to think of this version..........CX-Programmer has come a long way since then.....a long way..... See if you can get yourself an upgrade......

Upgrade is coming, I was just hoping to get started before it gets here.

Somebody just posted CX programmer V1.2 on ebay a few minutes ago for $5. CX programmer V1.2 @ ebay.com