Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Junot D. Ojong

FactoryTalk View SE Operator Activity log

2 posts in this topic

Hi, Is there a way to record/log any operator activity in FTView SE? I have been working around FTView SE to find how to log/record operator activity (such as changing setpoints, valve commands, operation modes). I used to work with Wonderware most of the time, and I could just configure to log/record a tag such that any operator activity with that tag is recorded in the alarm history/summary. So, how do we get around this in FTView SE? Thanks, Junot

FactoryTalk Diagnostics The default settings do not log all the operator actions that you wanted (tag writes, actions, etc). Take a look at the online help in FTView Studio to configure that. Not everything is recorded, but you can use VBA or the log diagnostic message command. The logs are all stored in Windows Event server (from control panel > admin). I would recommend increasing the database size to allow for more data from the diagnostics changes you just made. The Windows Event Viewer also allows you to view and export more information than the FTStudio Diagnostics Viewer. Take a look and see if that gets you the info you wanted.
1 person likes this