Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
edwardjd88

HELP! Mitsubishi PLC FXon-24MR-ES Shuts Off

3 posts in this topic

We need help for a Mitsubishi PLC FXon-24 MR-ES if the PLC is still working, it is use for more than 10 years for a revolving door. The PLC is connected to a frequency inverter and a motor. It is operational but the PLC shuts off after 3-4 minutes of use. The PLC I/O led lights flickers and then stops. It will be operational again when we turn on the system again after 5 -10 minutes from shut off. Are there any connections we need to check to the I/O of the PLC? Thank you for your help.

I have had the exact same thing with the exact same model. It was an internal connection (one of the pins or plugs) I stripped it down but didn't find anything obvious. I found out that if I squeezed the plc from the sides, it came back on. As a temporary fix, I folded some cardboard up and wedged it down one side of the plc against the next component and this temporary fix lasted for the rest of the life of the machine.
1 person likes this

The typical reason for such effect is the electrolytic capacitors of the internal AC/DC power supply have aged. They can be replaced with new and the device should work without problem.
1 person likes this