Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cbogner

CC-Link with 2 VFD

11 posts in this topic

Hello, I have been working with a company getting a die cast model working. This is my first experience with GX Works2 and GT Developer3. Learning the logic and the HMI side was easy but understanding how the CC-llink works with the VFD's is confusing me. My problem is knowing how to communicate to 1 specific VFD over the other. The company wants the outputs of frequency, current, and voltage, which are monitored by the following hex codes, H006F, H0070, and H0071 respectively. I had help from a worker who sells the programs and he practically wrote the coding for me where I did not fully understand why it is what it is. Sadly, I have the machine set up at the factory and will be visiting it next week to touch up the HMI and program and I really want this part to be done with. OVERALL: I need to know how to communicate only with 1 VFD to get the values of frequency, current, and voltage. Then move those values to set D values. Then repeat that with the second VFD. Thanks for the help, Cody B

I also forgot to mention that I am using a FR-A7NC for the CC-Link with a FX2N series.

Why don't you use the FB's?? I've attached the Help File CCLinkFXInverter_GW2_V100.zip Edited by Gambit

I did things the way the guy showed me, if there are easier ways, usually when I see an example I can figure out how it is done. Also since I'm new to this I don't get what 'help file' is, since I cannot see any attachment, unless it's outside the post showing that it needs help. *Newbie status* Nevermind, I refreshed the screen and see what you have put on it. Edited by cbogner

I downloaded the ZIP and extracted and there is nothing in the help files. So i did a google search to Mitsubishi's website and downloaded one of those and it also did not show any content in there.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2021383 Right-click the .CHM file and choose Properties On the General tab, click the button labeled "Unblock" Click OK Edited by Gambit

I don't think the type of equipment we have will allow me to do the FB's this way. I cannot even pull up FB in general. In the CC-Link under network parameter very few options are even listed for me to change. This was the problem we ran into the first time and why we didn't do any function blocks. Thanks for the help but the original question is still there about how you know which one you communicate through using the ladder logic because something in the picture actually shows how it works.

That is easy. you can tell from hte BFM. In your case you are reading the Remote inputs from slave 1 and 2. Edited by Gambit

Cbogner, I have been away from this forum for a long time and had to "re-up". I have just completed several assembly lines (Auto plants in Mexico) utilizing numerous VFDs for the conveyance systems. These are communicating via CC-Link to the Mitsubishi Q06UDEH PLCs. I am attaching some JPGs that should assist you with your task. You will need to setup the Network paramters >>CC-Link in GX Works 2 (operation settings and station information....station number and type....number of occupied stations, remote station points....assign the remote input/remote output/remote read/remote write addresses). The attached Excel JPG should show you how to set this up. (I am assuming you setup the VFD CC-Link card parameters--node address, link speed, etc.) All the information you need is attached. I am pretty busy down here in Mexico with all of the new auto plants I support (Ross Perot was correct......just two decades too early) and a newborn baby, but I can assist you when I am not commissioning systems or teaching controls courses to maintenance team members.

I am looking for your attachments where can i find them