kaiser_will

Suggestion for industrial PC

5 posts in this topic

We have been using Xycom industrial PCs for many years, then switched to Pro-face when they merged. With the advent of virtualizing applications to use on any hardware platform, I am wondering what other reliable manufacturers out there other users are happy with. I have liked Pro-face for many years, but they are pricey and obsolete all the time.

I've had luck with Superlogics. They are a smaller company, but they make industrial grade PCs. They have Rack-Mount, Touchscreen Embedded and other options. I've deployed several of the touch screen embedded ones succesfully, for server based HMIs (using Windows Remote Desktop). You can choose a model that uses a fanless atom processor and SSD, which means little heat and no moving parts. This is great for putting into an enclosure. NEMA 4 and/or IP65 rated. The price is way less than the competitors, but the quality is still there. It's a no brainer in my opinion. Edited by MrAutomation

We had a Nexcom PC supplied with a control/HMI package from ABB. Not sure if this was the fault of Nexcom or ABB, but the hard drive power wire was smashed against the case, occasionally causing a power supply fault. Once we fixed that, it has ran great.

www.stealth.com We've switched entirely to their IPC's, after issues with just about every other brands. Also, they are fast (delivery) and very price competitive.

I would check out noax Technologies, www.noax.com.  They are a German manufacturer (they do have a sales office in the states) and they design and engineer everything in-house.  None of that taiwanese stuff that constantly fails.  Their PCs are IP65 and IP69K rated, so they are built to withstand just about anything.  However, they are made to order, so lead times are 4-6 weeks.