Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Luka

ModbusSlave.ACD

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I want to connect Allen Bradley 1756-L63 cpu (slave) via RS-232 port to ABB CI-853 (I don't have Prosoft MVI-56-MCM that can easily solve my situation). The only way that I found is application ModbusSlave.ACD (cig-ap129_-en-p.pdf). Do I need AIC+ converter (1761-NET-AIC) or can I connect with cable (DB9-to-RJ45)? Is there another way to make this connection? Regards, Luka

I strongly prefer the Prosoft modules, but if you have enough memory available and are willing to go through the effort, the ModbusSlave.ACD file will work. Is the CI-853 an RS-232 device or an RS-485 device ? How far is it between the two devices ? I am not familiar with the ABB CI-853, but a brief Google search suggests it's an RS-232 device. You don't need the RS-232/485 converter in that case, just an appropriately fabricated cable. You will have to determine the pinouts of both devices to know for sure how to connect them.

One other option that comes to mind if you happen to need an HMI on your project is to use a Red Lion G3 touch screen. I've posted many times about them being an excellent "universal" translator. They make bridging between protocols easy http://www.redlion.net/Products/HumanMachineInterface/ProductFamilies/G3Panels.html