Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
koyeap

Factorytalk SE Global Object Issue

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, Need help!! First time using FactoryTalk SE and stuck here for hours. My objective is to create a standard object(Pump, Valve) and use it multiple times with different tag (P_101, P_102 .etc.) After read through help file and manual, I found that global object may be what I need, so i do some test with simple multi-state indicator but fail...... the log show "Failed to resolve item's ID '#1' because it does not exist on any server" Hope someone can let me know what mistakes I have make!!! My steps: 1) Create new Global Object 2) insert a multistage indicator 3) Properties -> States -> assign caption for each stage 4) Properties -> Connections -> Tag/Expression -> key in #1 5) Global Object Parameter Definitions -> Name -> Key in #1 6) Copy Global Object and paste in Display to create reference object 7) right click and open Global Object Parameter Values 8) click the tag button to browse tag from PLC online (Tag name: SV_505.STATUS, DINT, direct read from RSLINK that connect to PLC) 9) test Display result: [FactoryTalk]: The Item is no longer available: #1 Failed to resolve item's ID '#1' because it does not exist on any server I then 1) change the #1 to #1.Status, link to Tag SV_505 and repeat the step.............fail again 2) Create Memory tag and link to #1...................................................................fail again, start to miss citect genie 3) change to rectangle with fill animation with Bool tag.......................................fail again, take out lighter and try to burn the PC, operator stopped me....just kidding PS: I can link animation with PLC without problem, the error occur only when I use GLOBAL OBJECT Extra information: Software: Factory talk View Studio 6.10.00 (CRP 9 SR 4) OS: Win7 Professional SP1 64bit

If you are just doing some tests by putting the display in run mode, that could be your problem. For parameters like #1,#2 to work, you need to run the full client. As a tip, once you have your client running, make sure that you have a blank test screen to switch to, then back. If you want to make a change to your display, all you need to is save the change to your display, then "refresh" the client by switching to the blank screen and back. The saved changes will appear right away. This is much easier than reloading the client every time you make a change. Edited by MrAutomation
1 person likes this

MrAutomation, Thank you so much! It work! So the Global object just dun work under test mode, ^_^

No problem. I think that happens to everyone the first time they play around with parameters. Glad to help!