Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grunthos

CP1L Origin Search ignores origin limit input

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am setting up a CP1L with 2 servos in CW/CCW pulse mode. The servo on output 0 is working nicely (thanks to some pointers on this forum). The output 1 servo moves and reverses at the forward limit and aborts at the reverse limit but ignores the 'home' limit in both directions. I believe both PLC pulse outputs are set up identically in 'settings' except for the port numbers in the ORG instructions and the limit switch inputs (A540.08, A540.09, A540.10 and A541.08, A541.09, A541.10). The 'home' limit is connected via a NO contact to A541.10 in the ladder diagram and I can see it activate on screen. I only attempt to home 1 axis at a time. The main pulse output settings are: Detection Method = 'Methd 2' Search Operation = 'Invers 1' Operation Moed = 'Mode 1' Any suggestions please? Thanks.

I have had problems with the CP1L origin search not working at all, I finally wrote the ladder logid to do the origin search and gave up on using it, Once the origin has been established the origin return seems to work fine.

Thanks sparky. I am very aware that there are many ways to get the origin search wrong! I am tempted to do the same but I don't have the time or the experience (yet). Are you able to share with me please? It's ok if you can't... Thanks again.

Here is a listing for one axis. It will give you some idea of what is involved. Set_Reference-X_.pdf

Many thanks sparky. A bit more complex that I thought but I think I can see what you are doing and how you are doing it. I should be able to extract the parts I need. Thanks again.