Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goody

Missing files when saving GX-dev projects

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone else had files not being saved with a GX-dev project What I mean by that is; I worked all day on alterations to a project and regularly saved the updates - incrementing the versions as I went. The next day I came to open the latest save and the project would not open. The original would but none of the incremental saves. When I looked inside the saved project I saw that the files were incomplete (as in the attached picture) The project file had not saved and going deeper neither had the comments file or other folders. The only thing I can think of was I was using the simulation program to test my alterations and was 'saving as' while that was running. I thought I had lost my days work but I copied my project file from my original and the missing folders that included the comments and I was able to open it again. The extra comments I had used were gone but the logic was updated. I have not tested it by downloading to the plc yet - I just hope it's fine

To answer my own post - looking now at the dates the files were modified there are some discrepancies with the dates??? No idea how that happened.

Lol, on further investigation, 'A person' used restore on the laptop after messing it up with some dodgy software. I presume the 'restore' function wiped the files.