Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest electroman

Slc 150

2 posts in this topic

I am currently a student in an electronics class in college and I am learning the basics of programming a PLC. My question is, I'm sure, very simple to those of you who have worked on this very aged piece of equipment. I am working on a project involving a privacy gate activated by photosensors on both the entry and exit. I however, cannot find a way to reset the process without raising the gate back up. Is there a way to insert a reset that is simply time based and does not rely on another input? Thanks for any help.

Not sure I follow your question, but if I was doing a gate with an entry and exit sensor, I would simply use the opposite sensor to reset the gate. I.E. When I walked up to the gate on the entry side, the entry photoeye would detect me, I walk through, and when the EXIT photoeye doesn't see anything after a time period, I would close the close the gate behind me. And vesa versa going the other way. Of course I would have to program some timeouts in the logic, just incase you triggered the entry side, and change your mind and turn around. After a timer expired, reset your gate closed again....