Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gomes

RSVIEW32 tag writing problens

2 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, I am new in these issues and I have faced a problem that is driving me nut. I am building a mixing batch HMI and its PLC program. In my HMI I created an analog tag that stores and integer number. This tag is responsible to comunicate with an analog input of the PLC I/O expansion module, whose address is I:1.0. In my HMI I put a numerical input box to send values to this analog input, but every time I write a value in this box and press the enter key the numerical input box gets red and don't send the value to the plc. Appear the following error message "cause: Addressing problem or memory protect rungs" on the left botton corner of the HMI. Some pictures are annexed to describe better. Anybody knows what can I do? I am using PLC SLC 5/03 + Analog module 1746-NI4

Hi Gomes and welcome to the forums. I haven't seen the exact error message you're getting, but if you're trying to write a value to a PLC input, I would expect it to give you such an error. You can't write to a PLC input; the input reflects the state of the wiring connected to it. If you need to do this, you would have to MOV your input data to an N word, and then write to THAT value. But before you do that, it must be asked - what is it that you're trying to do here? I can't think of any good reason to be trying to overwrite the value of an analog input. If you can explain what you're trying to achieve by sending this number to the PLC someone here can probably point you in the right direction