Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stevie_Ray

Missing Line Statements

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I am new to the Mitsubishi world (mostly AB and Siemens guy). I recently picked up a "hand me down" project. I have GX works2 on Win 7 64 bit system and PLC code was originally developed by someone else in with GX developer. My lab setup consists of a FX3G PLC and GOT1000 HMI. I downloaded the PLC code to the the FX3G device with GX developer and encountered some popups about memory. I played with some of the parameters in PLC memory and was able to download fine. Next I went to GXWorks and uploaded the current project from the PLC and noticed that Line Statements are missing. I have enabled Comments, Statements and Notes under the "View" pane but no line statements showed up. Has anyone encountered this issue before and if so how did you fix it? After further digging in GX Developer, I discovered that all Line Statements created has the "In peripheral" attribute. Does this mean it never gets written to PLC memory during download? Edited by Stevie_Ray

On the FX, only device comments can be downloaded to the PLC. Line statements and notes can be downloaded on the Q series if you set them up properly.

Yes, this content exists only in GX Developer project. There is no problem to convert the project from GX Developer to GX Works without download/upload procedures: https://www1.elfa.se/data1/wwwroot/assets/datasheets/GX_Works2_eng_man.pdf Chapter 3